Sunday, June 8, 2008

projects

Throughout the weekend, a lot of time was spent talking about future home projects. Of course, this was mainly discussed with my mom, as Peter only likes to talk about one project at a time. I dont blame him, I can get a little carried away at times. So I decided to write down some of the top things I want to accomplish in the next few months. Some are small and only require forking over some dough, while others will take considerably more time. I hope to document the results here. Last week was a big transition (new job, new schedule), but I am now feeling more like I have a routine and am ready to get things going around the house again.
**side note--Am I the only one who thinks there should be a kind of "First Home" gift registry?? I mean there is wedding and baby, but your first home is a huge milestone too. Right? I am just saying, some Lowes and Target gift cards would be amazing right now.

Anyway, here is the list:

Start minor landscaping (bush removal, flower planting, etc)
Finish painting kitchen
Find drapes for the family room
Find fabric for pillows and cafe curtain for window above sink
Finish hall bathroom
Replace chair in family room
Paint the doors and trim throughout house and change hardware
Frame and hand wedding pics
Paint master bedroom
Decide what to do about flooring
Tackle built-in bookshelves (not sure what I want to do with these)
Replace some window blinds
Paint/stain kitchen cabinets
Try new recipes
Have fun and do not stress about the above list

Ok, I am now overwhelmed just thinking about all of this. One thing at a time Toni, one thing at a time....



No comments: