Sunday, July 18, 2010

baseboards

The evolution of the flooring in our house is a long, on-going process. Obviously, the most drastic change was when we installed new wood floors in the front half of the house. We did that over a year ago, and we are absolutley happy with the overall result. However, one missing piece has been baseboards.
As in, we have not had any.
As in, there have been spaces between the flooring and the wall.
As in, the space under or kitchen cabinets has been a combination of dried paint and old crusty linoleum.
All over.

As you can imagine, not the best look. The new floors still looked great, just not finished.

I am happy to report, we now have baseboards! Peter painted, cut, and installed them while I was on a work trip. He is the best. I think he prefers to do big projects like this while I am not around to comment, critique, or bug about the mess. And I dont blame him!

First, the progress of the front room...











It might be subtle to you, but the baseboards really finish the room for me!
We wanted a really clean, no frills, baseboard that would also look great installed under our white kitchen cabinets. I am really happy with the result.

A few more shots....



5 comments:

Katie said...

HUGE difference! Great work to Peter.

Sharon said...

Those look fantastic! I love a wide baseboard in crisp white. Good job Peter.

Paul Davison said...

Good job Peter!!
He knows how to do anything!!

I always feel like less than a man when I read and see his accomplishments!

allie said...

It looks great! I love your front dining room.

Olive Oyl said...

Popeye and I are IN LOVE with your big base boards. WE LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Your house is gorgeous!