Sunday, January 18, 2009

much needed weekend

This past week was hard. I had a lot going on at work and I felt like I was never home. And I wasn't really. No dinners with my husband. No curling up on the couch to watch tv. No playing with Scully. I was up early and home late. One night I didnt come home from work till 11:30. Thats right, I worked over 14 hours, which despite the craziness of tax season, is a record in our house. And I work in marketing! This wasnt an after-work event either. This was in my office, at my computer work. Ugh.

Needless to say, I really needed this weekend. A couple days to relax, enjoy my husband, and clean my house. The sunny, mild temperature we are having was icing on the cake. Now my house smells like clean laundry and chocolate chip cookies. I love it. Now if only I could eliminate the tingle I am feeling in the back of my throat...

Here is a random picture of the lemon tree outside our bedroom window. Waking up to it on sunny Saturday mornings is one of my favorite things.




They look cute inside too. I think some lemon inspired recipes are in order this week

4 comments:

Tara Frantz said...

Toni! That's a lot of overtime hours for you, all the way until 11:30pm! I'm glad this weekend has been relaxing for you and hasn't the weather been fabulous? I am so ready for spring after today! I can't wait to meet Scully, she looks so precious. :)

Vanessa, Vanessa Noel Events said...

yaaa you go right on a head and enjoy this california weather... i'll just be hanging out in chicago. hopefully i make it home with my organs and ear lobes thawed.

Vanessa, Vanessa Noel Events said...

i meant to also say that i hope you're feeling better! you SERIOUSLY deserve some r&r and TLC.

Toni said...

v-Thanks! just remember to not wear earrings. Actually, you should probably just avoid being outside all together :)