Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Ok, so I realize Christmas is over and I should have posted this sooner. But really. It doesnt matter. This is a delicious treat that can be made all year. Oh! New Years. Yes, this would be perfect for a New Years party.
Its so easy and you probably already have everything you need in your pantry.
1 to 2 sleeves of saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 package chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400
- Arrange saltines in a single layer on a greased cookie sheet
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add brown sugar. Bring to a low boil and boil for 3 minutes
- Take off heat and pour over crackers
- Place in oven for 5 minutes
- Take out of oven and pour chocolate chips over top. Wait a few minutes for chips to melt and spread all over crackers
- Refridgerate till set
- Crack into pieces and enjoy!
I took this to two parties over Christmas. I stored left overs in a tupperwear in the fridge and they lasted for a few days.
Warning - they are addicting. I would highly recommend taking this to a party, unless you have the metabolism of a 9 year old boy.