Tuesday, February 23, 2010

trees


Last Sunday, our family of three (me+peter+scully) enjoyed an afternoon walk out on the farm. We met up with Peter's parents, let the dogs loose, and enjoyed the beauty of the blossoms, the hum of the bees, and the promise of new trees.

Peter's dad's orchard




Newly planted trees surrounding Grandpa and Graner's house




This lovely walk was interrupted briefly by a certain dog playing with a mouse. In her mouth. And showing all of us. Have I mentioned I hate mice? Apparently this dog (ahem...the larger of the two) loves mice. Because I am pretty sure she ate it.


I love being out on the farm. I love seeing the almonds in bloom.

3 comments:

John said...

Pretty pictures. I love almond blossoms, just don't love what they do to my allergies :(

John said...

Oops...that was from Katie, not John :)

Tara Frantz said...

Eww, Sadie, really? So gross. I'm looking forward to seeing Grandpa's new trees and maybe the blooms on Wasco Ave before they are gone! :)