Sunday, August 2, 2009

love letters

Dear beach house,
I miss you already. Why is the weekend always so short? Thank you for greeting us with California king size beds and cold, cloudy weather.

Even though everyone in the Central Valley decided to be at the coast this weekend, staying in your comfortable digs, we were relaxed.
Till next time....


Dear Apple Farm,
Friday morning brunch on your patio was the best idea ever. Your flowers were in bloom and oh so cute.

Your boysenberry jam was warm and so yummy over my pancakes. Obviously I liked it A LOT.

I will think about you tomorrow morning when I am eating my cold cereal.


Dear husband,
Thank you for taking me away for the weekend. We both needed it. I wish we could do it more often. But I also love coming home to our little house. You're the best.



Dear Scully,
We missed you. We saw another beagle and thought of you. But you are way cuter than that one. Promise. Next time, we will take you with us!

5 comments:

Angie said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! Poor Scully looks so sad...I think she would love the beach.

Olive Oyl said...

I'm glad you got to get away last weekend! And I hope you got a WHOLE cinnamon roll WITH NUTS AND FROSTING! :)

Love you!

allie said...

looks like fun, the cold cloudy weather looks wonderful :)

Live a Colorful Life said...

I wish we would have seen you in Pismo. Especially since you saw us. What I really wish is that you would have said hi. I miss you guys. Didn't you just love the gray weather? Ahhh.....

Tara Frantz said...

I loved all your letters, Toni, you are so creative. Please write a letter to Dodger stadium when you post about the first pitch from last night! :)