Monday, May 25, 2009

my moment....

...sort of. Let me give you the background.

You all know that we are a family of Dodger fans. The love of the team and the season tickets have passed on from generation to generation. My husband does not just watch and/or listen to all the games. He studies them. We are very fortunate to have the opportunity to go down to the stadium and watch quite a few games. And this year I decided my goal was to get on the Diamond Vision...the big screen. In the past 2 months, I have been to 4 games. And each time I try so very hard to get on the screen. With no avail.

I wear Dodger shirts and hats, I stand up and cheer, I wave my Dodger blanket, I make eye contact with the camera man (or so I think), I sing all the words to "Dont Stop Believing", I enlist the help of my husband and friends. Nothing. Nothing has worked. I have come to realize that I either need to have a baby and obnoxiously bounce them up and down (or pull a Michael Jackson over the railing), or be willing to wear a tight tank top (ala Alyssa Milano's tank collection) No thanks.

Well this Saturday night, my luck changed. In the ninth inning we got out of our seats and started making our way towards the exit. Stopping along the way to watch the game, of course. In the tenth inning we decided to stop where we were at and find new empty seats. I just so happened to be next to 2 guys who were very spirited. They were singing and dancing like nobody's business. Suddenly, we look up to the big screen, and my neighbors were on it! Well obviously, always keeping my eyes on the prize, I obnoxiously pushed my way in front of them.

And for about 2 glorious seconds, half of my face was on the big screen. Success!

But I will not be deterred from my original goal...Full face on the big screen for enough time to actually focus on the camera and not look stupid. Wish me luck.

pics from the last couple games...



2 comments:

Angie said...

How great that you made it partially on to the big screen! Wish I was there to act like a crazed fan with you...and the camera man was TOTALLY making eye contact with us that one game...that jerk for not putting us up.
One more option that doesn't include borrowing a baby OR wearing a tiny top - snoozing at the game. I know, Peter will flip, but it worked for Donny at a game many years ago. He not only made it onto the big screen, but into the homes of Dodger fans everywhere. Just a thought...

Olive Oyl said...

I think Peter blew it by not proposing at the Dodger game. Mark said on Sunday while they were playing the "KIss Me" song, everyone was like kissing and then the camera panned to a couple and he got down on one knee and proposed and they were totally on camera for a zillion seconds and then it said on the score board "She Said YES!". Seriously Peter, what were you THINKING being all romantic on the beach!!! :)

I wish I had an Alyssa Milano tank. They are so sexy.