Sunday, November 28, 2010

sunday afternoons



Every Sunday afternoon, Peter and I take Scully out for a walk.
It feels like our last chance to relax before the hectic week begins.
Our last chance to talk. About anything and everything. Or our last chance to be quiet and just walk.

Its also my chance to clearly state how much I DONT want to go to work tomorrow.

{in case he didn't know}


We have been taking these Sunday walks since we were engaged and lots of important decisions have been discussed on these mini excursions.
Where to live? What job to take? When to move? What house to buy? Dog? Babies?
What team to choose on Amazing Race??



It also gives us a chance to enjoy the little town we live in. Sure. We don't have fancy walking trails, or a big grocery store, or a Target, or anything vaguely close to a Target.

But, we do have old houses. And big trees. And almond orchards. And fields. And most importantly, friendly, familiar faces that we see on our Sunday walks.
And that is just right for us.


As I listen to Christmas music and unpack my decorations, I dont want to forget about our Sunday walks in the fall.




1 comment:

Katie said...

Nice pictures. I do love our little town.